WWCLS Technical Services
The Waynesboro-Wayne County library provides Wi-Fi access free of charge to all of our patrons during all times we are open for use with their own personal notebooks, laptops or other wireless accessible mobile devices. To access our network, laptop users must have:
- A computer or other device equipped with a 802.11b compatible wireless card.
- A password is required for access to the network. The password is provided at the circulation desk in the front with a valid library card.
Please note regarding our connection that:
- All users are required to adhere to the behavior outlined in our Wireless Internet Policy. Ignoring our policy guidelines can result in not being allowed to access our wireless network, or even being asked to leave the library.
- We cannot guarantee that your device will be able to access our network. Our staff will assist as much as possible, but we are not responsible for providing technical support for your device to access our wireless network. Users should be familiar with how their device accesses wireless services before attempting to access our network.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment, or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the library’s network.
Take online courses, print out important documents, search for employment or just stay connected with friends in the Waynesboro-Wayne County Library Computer Room. Our machines are loaded with popular programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint. Users can print out their work on our Black and White laser printer for 25 cents and our color laser printer for 50 cents. Use of our computers is free with a valid library card.
For adult beginners, we offer a free beginners computer class for residents of Wayne County to help them become more comfortable with using computers. The class is conducted every Thursday morning by Toni Wright from 9-12 in the library’s computer lab. Space is limited, so please contact Toni at the library at 1-888-735-2268 to inquire about joining the class.
If you need a picture or document converted to electronic media, the Waynesboro-Wayne County library can scan your picture or document for free. The scanned item can then be emailed to you, all performed free of charge.
For more information, stop by the library any time Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, or contact the library at 601-735-2268.